JUSTICE DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE INITIATIVE, EKITI DIOCESE (JDPI) ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE
JDPI Ekiti Diocese was established in 1972 in response to the Episcopal Commission on Development and Peace call that the Church must respond to social issues affecting all persons being creatures in the image and likeness of God. JDPI was formally registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria on the 6th day of August, 2009 under the name ‘The Incorporated Trustees of JUSTICE DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE INITIATIVE,EKITI DIOCESE (CAC/IT/NO 34159). The Organization is owned by the Catholic Diocese of Ekiti, a coterminous territory with Ekiti State.
- To facilitate a just order through lobbying, advocacy and electoral processes monitoring.
- To create economic and social development in the society through skills acquisition program and other capacity enhancement interventions; and
- To promote peaceful co-existence of people through amicable settlement of disputes.
- Equity and justice
- Loving actions
- Peaceful co-existence
- Faith in God
- Freedom for all
The target groups/beneficiaries include:
- The less privileged of the society
- Women and children (vulnerable groups)
- The civil society
- Members of the rural communities (pro poor society)
- Government agencies
- Small and medium scale agro-based organisations
- Managers of environmental and natural resources
SOURCES OF FUNDING
JDPI relies primarily on local contributions to finance its programs. The organisation also raisesmoney from the sales of clothing attires and materials made by the Home Industry groups under Micro Credit Department of the organisation.
JDPI also partners with donor agencies. \agencies that are in partnership with the organisation orhave funded its programmes are:
- MISEREOR (Germany)
- DFID (Nigeria)
- European Union
- PATHS, Ekiti
- OXFAM, Abuja
- Irish Embassy
- WaterAid Nigeria